Reduced train links from St Albans and Harpenden this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Govia has warned of a reduced train service on Thameslink routes this Sunday, affecting travel to and from St Albans and Harpenden.
Thameslink customers will have to use rail replacement buses on Sunday due to planned engineering work and a shortage of train crew.
The train operator states online: “Customers are advised to use alternative routes to travel, wherever possible.”
Buses will run on the following routes to link Thameslink customers to alternative Great Northern services:
* St Albans and Hatfield
* Bedford and Luton, calling at all stations.
* Luton and Hitchin
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 7 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 8 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 9 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 10 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
* Harpenden and Welwyn Garden City
Govia has also highlighted the following alterations: “An hourly service will run between London St Pancras International and Bedford.
“Services are expected to be very busy and customers are advised to use alternative routes where possible.
“Trains will not run between London St Pancras International and London Blackfriars.
“You will need to use London Underground or London Bus services (Route number 45 and 63) to cross from London St Pancras International to London Blackfriars.
“Trains will not run to or from Sutton / Wimbledon.
“Trains between West Hampstead and Sevenoaks will run between London Blackfriars and Sevenoaks only.
“Trains between Brighton and London Bridge will run between London Bridge and Three Bridges only.”