Grand Autumn Show to take place in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
There will be a perfect opportunity to show off your best home-grown produce next month.
Redbourn in Bloom will be holding a Grand Autumn Show on Saturday, September 15, at Redbourn village hall from 2.15pm to 5pm.
RiB chairman Pat Schofield said: “This is an opportunity for gardeners and allotment holders to show off their prized vegetables, fruit and flowers.”
There will be novelty classes and children’s sections.
Youngsters can enter some small decorated cakes or a painting on the theme 100 years of the RAF.
There will also be craft and home-baking sections.
Free schedules, with all the details and entry forms, are available from Redbourn Post Office, the library, Arrangements and Hertfordshire Garden Centre.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
The deadline for entries is September 12.
Trophies will be presented at 4.30pm.
Refreshments will be available.
Admission is £1 and free for accompanied children.
The show will be raising money for RiB’s planting projects.
New entrants are most welcome.
For more information about RiB and how to get involved, visit http://redbourninbloom.org.uk/