Redbourn's Nude Barbies appeal for clothes
NAKED Barbie dolls from Redbourn are hoping to be included in this year s Samaritan Purse Christmas Collection. Grace Sawyer, a local resident and Samaritan worker, picked up 17 naked Barbie dolls at a charity shop a couple of weeks ago and has appealed
NAKED Barbie dolls from Redbourn are hoping to be included in this year's Samaritan Purse Christmas Collection.
Grace Sawyer, a local resident and Samaritan worker, picked up 17 naked Barbie dolls at a charity shop a couple of weeks ago and has appealed to her fellow Redbourn residents for clothes to keep them warm.
A few friends have already come forward with donations and offers to sew new clothes and any fully-dressed Barbies will be used for Operation Christmas Child, a Samaritan scheme which sends shoe boxes full of treats to underprivileged children.
Grace said that any donations will be more than welcome: "If you have any spare toys, writing materials, toiletries or crafts, then please consider filling a shoe box for the scheme. Barbie dolls are just one of many perfect present ideas."
You may also want to watch:
If you'd like to take part in the scheme, contact Grace at email@example.com
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier