Police appeal for witnesses after fatal crash in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for witnesses to come forward after a 72-year-old man and a 55-year-old woman were both killed in a collision on Redbourn Road in St Albans last night.
Emergency services were called at 11.45pm yesterday (Wednesday, October 9) to A5183 Redbourn Road, after a crash involving a silver Mercedes Benz 350 and a silver Peugeot 308 convertible.
Sadly both the male driver of the Mercedes and the female driver of the Peugeot suffered injuries which proved fatal, and were both pronounced dead at the scene.
PC Felicity Moody, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: "Our thoughts are very much with the families and friends of both drivers and specially trained officers are supporting them at this very difficult time.
"We are investigating what happened and as part of this would like to hear from anyone who saw the collision or who may have seen the vehicles prior to it.
You may also want to watch:
"If you were in the area at the time and have a dash cam fitted, please review it and contact us with any relevant footage."
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to report it online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the force communications room via an online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 900 of 9 October.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival