Harpenden man fined after driving along while watching video on iPad
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden man has been fined hundreds of pounds after he was caught watching a YouTube video on an iPad positioned on his dashboard.
Luis Clark, 26, was driving a Vauxhall on Redbourn Road, Hemel Hempstead, while watching the video on January 17.
At the time, he was seen to be swerving in the road and over the central white lines.
Clark was then stopped and it was discovered he had been watching a YouTube video on an iPad.
The defendant appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on September 21 after having denied the charge of driving without due care and attention on August 9.
You may also want to watch:
On September 21, he was found guilty.
Clark, of Longfield Road, Harpenden, was fined £400.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
He was ordered to pay victim services £40 and £400 court costs.
Five penalty points were issued.