Harpenden man fined after driving along while watching video on iPad
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden man has been fined hundreds of pounds after he was caught watching a YouTube video on an iPad positioned on his dashboard.
Luis Clark, 26, was driving a Vauxhall on Redbourn Road, Hemel Hempstead, while watching the video on January 17.
At the time, he was seen to be swerving in the road and over the central white lines.
Clark was then stopped and it was discovered he had been watching a YouTube video on an iPad.
The defendant appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on September 21 after having denied the charge of driving without due care and attention on August 9.
On September 21, he was found guilty.
Clark, of Longfield Road, Harpenden, was fined £400.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
He was ordered to pay victim services £40 and £400 court costs.
Five penalty points were issued.