Harpenden man fined after driving along while watching video on iPad
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden man has been fined hundreds of pounds after he was caught watching a YouTube video on an iPad positioned on his dashboard.
Luis Clark, 26, was driving a Vauxhall on Redbourn Road, Hemel Hempstead, while watching the video on January 17.
At the time, he was seen to be swerving in the road and over the central white lines.
Clark was then stopped and it was discovered he had been watching a YouTube video on an iPad.
The defendant appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on September 21 after having denied the charge of driving without due care and attention on August 9.
You may also want to watch:
On September 21, he was found guilty.
Clark, of Longfield Road, Harpenden, was fined £400.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
He was ordered to pay victim services £40 and £400 court costs.
Five penalty points were issued.