Redbourn nurse receives award for exceptional quality of care
- Credit: Archant
Exceptional quality of care and treatment has won a nurse a coveted award from a heart failure charity.
Carys Barton, who lives in Redbourn and is a nurse from Guy’s and St Thomas’ in London, was nominated by patients for the award from The Pumping Marvellous Foundation to highlight the importance of patients and their families working as a team with medical staff looking after them.
One of eight winners across the UK, she was commended for her outstanding patient care and has been instrumental in developing a new heart failure service in Lambeth and Southwark.
She said: “I was overwhelmed to receive this award from Pumping Marvellous. I’m truly humbled and certainly no more deserving than the other hundreds of heart failure nurses out there.
“Our team work extremely hard to provide the very best care to those with heart failure which is an extremely challenging condition to manage, especially for patients and their families. To receive an award from a patient is absolutely the best reward and I could not be more delighted.”
You may also want to watch:
Nick Hartshorne-Evans, chief executive and founder of The Pumping Marvellous Foundation, said: “When I first contacted Carys she instantly ignited my belief that she was very patient focused and saw opportunities to not only develop her service to her patients but also her passion to extend this to the greater NHS.
“She is a true patient advocate and I am delighted a ‘You’re Simply Marvellous Award’ has gone to her.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan