Redbourn Leisure Centre re-opens after £300,000 refurb.
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from a £300,000 revamp, a village leisure centre threw open its doors at the weekend for residents to try out a range of free activities.
The new-look Redbourn Leisure Centre, which is managed by Everyone Active in partnership with Redbourn Recreation Centre & Playing Fields Trust, has had a range of refurbishments.
They include a new 25 station gym, kitted out with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, fully refurbished changing rooms, new junior memberships, and a group exercise studio with 25 classes per week ranging from pilates and boxercise to zumba and yoga.
St Albans council’s portfolio holder for sport and leisure, Cllr Annie Brewster, cut the red tape to mark the reopening and the whole community was invited to trial a range of free activities including gym tasters, group exercise classes,netball, badminton, table tennis and bowls.
There were also activities for children including a bouncy castle, face painting and balloon modelling.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Brewster said “I think the centre looks fantastic with the architects cleverly achieving a wonderful transformation and highly desired improvement for the residents of Redbourn.
“An ‘on-your-doorstep’ opportunity to work out in a new gym, enjoy a range of inclusive studio classes and also benefit from half price swimming at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre has been warmly received. I wish the centre great success and I would like to congratulate everyone involved.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Cllr David Mitchell, chair of Redbourn parish council, added: “We would like to thank the district council for its support and pay particularly thanks to the hard work of the centre’s staff, the trustees and Everyone Active for taking a community asset and updating it into a modern viable leisure centre whilst still retaining its community spirit.”