Redbourn Leisure Centre re-opens after £300,000 refurb.
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from a £300,000 revamp, a village leisure centre threw open its doors at the weekend for residents to try out a range of free activities.
The new-look Redbourn Leisure Centre, which is managed by Everyone Active in partnership with Redbourn Recreation Centre & Playing Fields Trust, has had a range of refurbishments.
They include a new 25 station gym, kitted out with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, fully refurbished changing rooms, new junior memberships, and a group exercise studio with 25 classes per week ranging from pilates and boxercise to zumba and yoga.
St Albans council’s portfolio holder for sport and leisure, Cllr Annie Brewster, cut the red tape to mark the reopening and the whole community was invited to trial a range of free activities including gym tasters, group exercise classes,netball, badminton, table tennis and bowls.
There were also activities for children including a bouncy castle, face painting and balloon modelling.
Cllr Brewster said “I think the centre looks fantastic with the architects cleverly achieving a wonderful transformation and highly desired improvement for the residents of Redbourn.
“An ‘on-your-doorstep’ opportunity to work out in a new gym, enjoy a range of inclusive studio classes and also benefit from half price swimming at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre has been warmly received. I wish the centre great success and I would like to congratulate everyone involved.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Hospices announce plans to join forces
Cllr David Mitchell, chair of Redbourn parish council, added: “We would like to thank the district council for its support and pay particularly thanks to the hard work of the centre’s staff, the trustees and Everyone Active for taking a community asset and updating it into a modern viable leisure centre whilst still retaining its community spirit.”