Redbourn La Roux fan's devastating night
A DIE-HARD La Roux fan from Redbourn has been left heartbroken after he was refused entry into one of her gigs. Eighteen-year-old Sam Robinson of Hemel Hempstead Road claims to be singer Elly Jackson s biggest fan and on August 10 he spent four hours que
A DIE-HARD La Roux fan from Redbourn has been left heartbroken after he was refused entry into one of her gigs.
Eighteen-year-old Sam Robinson of Hemel Hempstead Road claims to be singer Elly Jackson's biggest fan and on August 10 he spent four hours queuing for a gig at Scala in London, the third La Roux concert he has been to.
But despite the fact that tickets were sold to over 18s only, hairdresser Sam wasn't allowed into the venue when doors opened because he had no ID on him. After several failed attempts at persuading the bouncer to let him and his friend in, Sam was forced to head home.
Sam, who met Elly at a gig in July and has her name tattooed on his right arm, said that he feels "crushed" by what happened: "I live and breath La Roux and have even styled my clothes and hairstyle on her, so to be turned away at the door like that was horrific. I'm still not in the mood to talk to anyone, I'm that upset."
He added: "I just love everything about her and I was so looking forward to standing at the front of the crowd and seeing if she recognised me. To be honest, I didn't even think to bring my ID with me and it's never been a problem before."
Sam's mother Nicola, who has been to two La Roux gigs with Sam, said that she felt helpless: "Not seeing Elly has left Sam in such a state that nothing seems to lift his spirits. He literally is her number one fan - he's having her face tattooed on his arm soon - and it's such a shame that something as trivial as ID got in the way."
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 5 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 6 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 7 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 8 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 9 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 10 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
She added: "After having seen the effect on Sam, I wanted to tell his tale so that others can be aware that without valid ID they may be left disappointed too. Luckily I've managed to swing some tickets for her November gig - hopefully that'll cheer Sam up a bit.