Redbourn hotel raises thousands in charity auction
- Credit: Archant
An auction of promises event held at a Redbourn hotel raised £3,100 for the Sunnyside Rural Trust.
The event, held at Aubrey Park Hotel on Hemel Hempstead Road, auctioned a variety of experiences donated by local businesses, including a barge party for 12 people, a tour of a police control room, and a beekeeping session.
The hotel’s marketing executive Ruth Hall emphasised the important role of local businesses in society: “We host many important events in the lives of those in our community, from weddings to business meetings, so we understand the need to be a part of the community and to truly feel connected.”
She added: “We’re so humbled to run this charity event for such an incredible organisation that truly empowers people to fulfil their potential for their own benefit and for the benefit of the wider community and environment.”
The Sunnyside Rural Trust offers adults with learning difficulties in Herts the opportunity to take part in horticulture-related activities.
You may also want to watch:
The trust intends to use the money to fund its transportation costs. The charity works with approximately 120 local people with learning difficulties in the local area; many clients require transport between their homes and the charity’s centres in Berkhempstead, and Hemel.
Maggie Grand, publicity and fundraising Officer from Sunnyside Rural Trust, thanked the team at Aubrey Park Hotel and all those who had donated to or attended the event.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Green light given to new hospital project
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans