Redbourn hotel raises thousands in charity auction
- Credit: Archant
An auction of promises event held at a Redbourn hotel raised £3,100 for the Sunnyside Rural Trust.
The event, held at Aubrey Park Hotel on Hemel Hempstead Road, auctioned a variety of experiences donated by local businesses, including a barge party for 12 people, a tour of a police control room, and a beekeeping session.
The hotel’s marketing executive Ruth Hall emphasised the important role of local businesses in society: “We host many important events in the lives of those in our community, from weddings to business meetings, so we understand the need to be a part of the community and to truly feel connected.”
She added: “We’re so humbled to run this charity event for such an incredible organisation that truly empowers people to fulfil their potential for their own benefit and for the benefit of the wider community and environment.”
The Sunnyside Rural Trust offers adults with learning difficulties in Herts the opportunity to take part in horticulture-related activities.
You may also want to watch:
The trust intends to use the money to fund its transportation costs. The charity works with approximately 120 local people with learning difficulties in the local area; many clients require transport between their homes and the charity’s centres in Berkhempstead, and Hemel.
Maggie Grand, publicity and fundraising Officer from Sunnyside Rural Trust, thanked the team at Aubrey Park Hotel and all those who had donated to or attended the event.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash