Redbourn golfers raise thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
Golfers in Redbourn have teed off a host of money-spinning events to raise more than £10,000 for charity in the coming year.
It follows last year’s fundraising success when,Redbourn Golf Club captains, Will Goatcher and Trish Keens, chose Keech Hospice Care to receive the donations of a year-long effort.
Fundraisers on and off the course included the Eric Russel Trophy, Redbourn members’ equivalent to the Ryder Cup, and a Christmas Market – raising more than £1,000 each.
Golf Club general manager Ian McDowell said: “Will and Trish worked hard to drive fundraising throughout their time as captains.
“We’re proud to have such proactive and generous members at Redbourn, and we’re delighted to have raised so much for a local cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The total raised at the Kinsbourne Green Lane club was £10,255 which will go to the charity, supporting children and their families going through terminal illnesses.
Newly crowned captains Andy Crawford and Angela O’Connor have chosen Herts Air Ambulance as the club’s charity for 2016.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area