Redbourn golfers raise thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
Golfers in Redbourn have teed off a host of money-spinning events to raise more than £10,000 for charity in the coming year.
It follows last year’s fundraising success when,Redbourn Golf Club captains, Will Goatcher and Trish Keens, chose Keech Hospice Care to receive the donations of a year-long effort.
Fundraisers on and off the course included the Eric Russel Trophy, Redbourn members’ equivalent to the Ryder Cup, and a Christmas Market – raising more than £1,000 each.
Golf Club general manager Ian McDowell said: “Will and Trish worked hard to drive fundraising throughout their time as captains.
“We’re proud to have such proactive and generous members at Redbourn, and we’re delighted to have raised so much for a local cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The total raised at the Kinsbourne Green Lane club was £10,255 which will go to the charity, supporting children and their families going through terminal illnesses.
Newly crowned captains Andy Crawford and Angela O’Connor have chosen Herts Air Ambulance as the club’s charity for 2016.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans