Annual Redbourn Fête du Vélo a fun day out for families
- Credit: Archant
Everyone is invited to a cycling extravaganza in Redbourn this weekend.
There will be a host of activities at the annual Fête du Vélo, including children’s fun runs, a scootathlon, and a schedule of cycling races.
Refreshment stalls and live music will also be on offer throughout the day, which is set to be scorching - temperatures are currently forecasted to hit 26C.
The event is run by The Bike Loft and The Hub in cooperation with Verulam Cycling Club, and supported by Herts county council and Redbourn Parish Council.
Verulam Cycling Club secretary Andrew Rice said it will be spectacular: “Along with the usual attraction of a village fete with food and live music, there is a whole programme of exciting bike racing around the common.
You may also want to watch:
“This is as close as you can get to bike racing in the area - it is like being at the Tour de France. It is pretty exciting.”
It will take place from 8am to 6pm on Redbourn Common on July 1. Entry is free.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid