Annual Redbourn Fête du Vélo a fun day out for families
- Credit: Archant
Everyone is invited to a cycling extravaganza in Redbourn this weekend.
There will be a host of activities at the annual Fête du Vélo, including children’s fun runs, a scootathlon, and a schedule of cycling races.
Refreshment stalls and live music will also be on offer throughout the day, which is set to be scorching - temperatures are currently forecasted to hit 26C.
The event is run by The Bike Loft and The Hub in cooperation with Verulam Cycling Club, and supported by Herts county council and Redbourn Parish Council.
Verulam Cycling Club secretary Andrew Rice said it will be spectacular: “Along with the usual attraction of a village fete with food and live music, there is a whole programme of exciting bike racing around the common.
You may also want to watch:
“This is as close as you can get to bike racing in the area - it is like being at the Tour de France. It is pretty exciting.”
It will take place from 8am to 6pm on Redbourn Common on July 1. Entry is free.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game