Redbourn cyclist dies after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A 57-year-old man from Redbourn has died after being involved in a crash with a car last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the incident which took place around 6.25pm when a silver VW Golf collided with the cyclist on Redbourn Road.
They were both travelling towards Redbourn and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pc Dave Clarke from the Collision Investigation Unit said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened to contact police.
“I am also keen to hear from anyone who saw the cyclist travelling along Redbourn Road between 5.30pm and 6.30pm to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and released on police bail until April 7.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Clarke via the 101 non-emergency number.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters