Redbourn cyclist dies after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A 57-year-old man from Redbourn has died after being involved in a crash with a car last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the incident which took place around 6.25pm when a silver VW Golf collided with the cyclist on Redbourn Road.
They were both travelling towards Redbourn and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pc Dave Clarke from the Collision Investigation Unit said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened to contact police.
“I am also keen to hear from anyone who saw the cyclist travelling along Redbourn Road between 5.30pm and 6.30pm to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and released on police bail until April 7.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Clarke via the 101 non-emergency number.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school