Redbourn cyclist dies after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A 57-year-old man from Redbourn has died after being involved in a crash with a car last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the incident which took place around 6.25pm when a silver VW Golf collided with the cyclist on Redbourn Road.
They were both travelling towards Redbourn and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pc Dave Clarke from the Collision Investigation Unit said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened to contact police.
“I am also keen to hear from anyone who saw the cyclist travelling along Redbourn Road between 5.30pm and 6.30pm to contact police.”
A 24-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and released on police bail until April 7.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Clarke via the 101 non-emergency number.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023