Redbourn celebrates opening of new community centre
A BRAND-NEW parish centre has been opened in place of a damp prefabricated building which has stood since the Second World War.
The Redbourn Parish Centre was officially opened on Saturday by the Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Maxine Crawley, who represents the village on both the county and district councils.
The new centre contains an office for the parish council and rooms for the police so that residents will not have to travel to Harpenden on police matters.
The parish council is also liaising with Youth Connexions and the Youth Council to re-form a club in the building. The Mayor commented: “It was wonderful to see so many people at the opening of the parish centre, many of whom had worked so hard to make this day happen.
“It was an honour to open this wonderful facility for young and old in Redbourn, my home village. What struck me was that this isn’t just bricks and mortar but a place where memories will be made and people will be able to enjoy activities over the years.”
Cllr Vivienne Windle, chair of Redbourn parish council, said the new centre complemented the other facilities in the village.
On Sunday, local residents got an opportunity to look around the new facilities. The main hall and meeting room are both available to hire and for further information contact parish clerk Diane Whiskin on 01582 794832 or email email@example.com
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary