Redbourn celebrates opening of new community centre
A BRAND-NEW parish centre has been opened in place of a damp prefabricated building which has stood since the Second World War.
The Redbourn Parish Centre was officially opened on Saturday by the Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Maxine Crawley, who represents the village on both the county and district councils.
The new centre contains an office for the parish council and rooms for the police so that residents will not have to travel to Harpenden on police matters.
The parish council is also liaising with Youth Connexions and the Youth Council to re-form a club in the building. The Mayor commented: “It was wonderful to see so many people at the opening of the parish centre, many of whom had worked so hard to make this day happen.
“It was an honour to open this wonderful facility for young and old in Redbourn, my home village. What struck me was that this isn’t just bricks and mortar but a place where memories will be made and people will be able to enjoy activities over the years.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Vivienne Windle, chair of Redbourn parish council, said the new centre complemented the other facilities in the village.
On Sunday, local residents got an opportunity to look around the new facilities. The main hall and meeting room are both available to hire and for further information contact parish clerk Diane Whiskin on 01582 794832 or email email@example.com
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company