Redbourn care home receives ‘good’ rating from Care Quality Inspection
- Credit: Archant
A care home for people with dementia in Redbourn has been awarded a ‘good’ rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
St Matthews Care Home in Chequer Lane, which provides accommodation and personal care for 72 people, received a ‘good’ rating in all categories in a recent inspection.
Inspectors said: “Care and support was delivered in a personalised way by staff who knew people’s likes, dislikes and preferences. Staff promoted people’s privacy and dignity and their choices were respected.”
The care home was also praised for providing organised group activities, with quiet areas for people if they prefer.
Residents of the care home and their relatives told inspectors they felt safe and that staff were kind, caring and quick to respond to people’s needs.
You may also want to watch:
One resident said: “The staff are very good. I don’t have to wait and they are always friendly and helpful.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public