Redbourn author launches novel
- Credit: Archant
A Redbourn woman is releasing her book this Saturday at a launch party at her home.
Catherine Lawless, 51, of High Street, wrote the novel as a response to living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from a shed her husband had created for her as a home from home.
This meant that Catherine was able to leave the house and still feel well and safe.
The book - Beach Hut - is the result of years of hard work and to mark this she has invited guests who also have had their own significant challenges to deal with. This includes brothers Ryan and Luke Hart, authors of Operation Lighthouse, which tells the tragic experience of their father killing their sister and mother with a sawn-off shot gun before turning it on himself last year.
Catherine met them through the work she has been doing with Women's Aid, who made her campaign champion for her insight into mental health issues.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine said: "I cannot wait until Saturday. I am completely excited about this launch."
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans