Redbourn author launches novel
- Credit: Archant
A Redbourn woman is releasing her book this Saturday at a launch party at her home.
Catherine Lawless, 51, of High Street, wrote the novel as a response to living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from a shed her husband had created for her as a home from home.
This meant that Catherine was able to leave the house and still feel well and safe.
The book - Beach Hut - is the result of years of hard work and to mark this she has invited guests who also have had their own significant challenges to deal with. This includes brothers Ryan and Luke Hart, authors of Operation Lighthouse, which tells the tragic experience of their father killing their sister and mother with a sawn-off shot gun before turning it on himself last year.
Catherine met them through the work she has been doing with Women's Aid, who made her campaign champion for her insight into mental health issues.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine said: "I cannot wait until Saturday. I am completely excited about this launch."
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district