Red Nose Day fun at St Albans soft play centre
- Credit: Archant
Facepainting, cupcakes, pyjamas and crafts raised £132.50 at a soft play centre in a St Albans this Red Nose Day (March 24).
About 100 people turned out for DJ’s Jungle Adventure fun day in aid of Comic Relief - which raises funds for international projects to eradicate poverty.
The Owner of the play centre, Helen Whittington, will match the £66.25 total from donations to double the amount collected.
Funny Face Painting run by Ace Face Painting took place from 11am to 1pm, cupcakes from Gemma’s Cakery were sold, and staff members dressed in matching pyjamas.
Helen said: “We had a really good time, everyone was in good spirits given the staff were wearing pyjamas and face painting.
You may also want to watch:
“It was well attended in terms of people enjoying the face painting, but it’s more about the good feeling and watching it on the TV.”
The soft play centre includes ball pits, slides, and squishy objects to climb over.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25