Red Nose Day fun at St Albans soft play centre
- Credit: Archant
Facepainting, cupcakes, pyjamas and crafts raised £132.50 at a soft play centre in a St Albans this Red Nose Day (March 24).
About 100 people turned out for DJ’s Jungle Adventure fun day in aid of Comic Relief - which raises funds for international projects to eradicate poverty.
The Owner of the play centre, Helen Whittington, will match the £66.25 total from donations to double the amount collected.
Funny Face Painting run by Ace Face Painting took place from 11am to 1pm, cupcakes from Gemma’s Cakery were sold, and staff members dressed in matching pyjamas.
Helen said: “We had a really good time, everyone was in good spirits given the staff were wearing pyjamas and face painting.
You may also want to watch:
“It was well attended in terms of people enjoying the face painting, but it’s more about the good feeling and watching it on the TV.”
The soft play centre includes ball pits, slides, and squishy objects to climb over.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall