Recognition for race sponsor
THE MAN behind Grove House s biggest money-spinner, the Herts 10K race, has been rewarded for his dedicated sponsorship. Pharmaceutical recruitment firm boss Lawrence Levy s work on behalf of Grove House Hospice in St Albans was honoured by fellow busines
THE MAN behind Grove House's biggest money-spinner, the Herts 10K race, has been rewarded for his dedicated sponsorship.
Pharmaceutical recruitment firm boss Lawrence Levy's work on behalf of Grove House Hospice in St Albans was honoured by fellow business people at an awards dinner held recently.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Award for creating and continued sponsorship of the Herts 10K Challenge in aid of Grove House Hospice was presented to Levy Associates by the St Albans and District Chamber of Commerce.
The award is in recognition of the contribution Mr Levy and his team have made in creating one of the fastest-growing races in the country and creating the single largest fundraising event for the Grove House Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Levy said: "When I established Levy Associates in 2000 I was determined the company would give something back to the community. It's lovely to be recognised and receive an award but Grove House needs �1.5 million per year just to operate so all we're doing is what we should do."
He said when the first Herts 10K was held in 2006 no-one could have foreseen that the money raised would enable Grove House Hospice to launch its Hospice at Home service and that it would become one of the top 10K races in the country.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
Paul Parrish, fundraising director for Grove House Hospice, said: "I cannot think of a more deserving person to get this award. Lawrence has committed himself heart and soul to raising money for Grove House Hospice and his backing of the Herts 10k has enabled us to grow our services for this community far quicker than we ever expected."
This year's Herts 10K Challenge takes place on Sunday at Rothamsted Research in Harpenden.