St Albans solicitors raise thousands for women’s refuge
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans solicitors has raised over £4,000 for a domestic abuse support service.
Rayden Solicitors has given St Albans and Hertsmere Women’s Refuge the funds they raised through a quiz night.
The charity offers support for women and children affected by domestic violence and the money raised is going to fund a specialist to work with children.
Project worker Trish Beaven said: “Domestic abuse and violence has a devastating effect and impact on all victims, whether women or children and SAHWR supports all victims of domestic abuse and their children.
“We are very grateful to Rayden Solicitors for supporting our work.”
You may also want to watch:
Senior partner Katherine Rayden said: “The refuge is an extremely important charity working so hard to help vulnerable women and children.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly