St Albans solicitors raise thousands for women’s refuge
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans solicitors has raised over £4,000 for a domestic abuse support service.
Rayden Solicitors has given St Albans and Hertsmere Women’s Refuge the funds they raised through a quiz night.
The charity offers support for women and children affected by domestic violence and the money raised is going to fund a specialist to work with children.
Project worker Trish Beaven said: “Domestic abuse and violence has a devastating effect and impact on all victims, whether women or children and SAHWR supports all victims of domestic abuse and their children.
“We are very grateful to Rayden Solicitors for supporting our work.”
You may also want to watch:
Senior partner Katherine Rayden said: “The refuge is an extremely important charity working so hard to help vulnerable women and children.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images