Ray Winstone video calls on public to support air ambulance charity
- Credit: Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust
Film star Ray Winstone has called for public support in the building of a new Air Ambulance base for a Hertfordshire charity.
Ray, the celebrity patron of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, posted a video urging the public to: ‘‘Buy a brick or two or ten’’ as part of the charity’s ‘Buy a brick’ appeal.
Four virtual bricks are available, ranging from £10 to £100 and funds will go towards the building of the new base.
The bricks will form part of the walkway to the helicopter viewing area.
Pam Withrington, of EHAAT, described the new airbase as: "a vital part of securing the future of our lifesaving service for the people of Essex and Hertfordshire.”
You may also want to watch:
The EHAAT provides Helicopter Emergency Medical Services for the critically ill and injured in Essex and Hertfordshire.
With limited government funding, the organisation relies on public donations to meet its £750,000 a month running costs.
- 1 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 2 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 3 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 4 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 5 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 6 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 Alban Arena becomes COVID-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Protected wildlife site polluted by diesel dumping
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car