St Albans Rainbow Trail launches creative competition for Black History Month
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Rainbow Trail is launching a creative competition tomorrow in celebration of Black History Month.
Bearing the theme ‘Inspirational Black Pioneers, Leaders and Artists’, the initiative encourages people to submit artwork, poems and songs to celebrate the achievements of the Black community who help shape our world.
Entry is free and open to all ages, with prizes given by Quarto Kids and Cositas.
Carmen Richards, owner of Carmen’s Caribbean Kitchen and admin of St Albans for BLM, will be picking a winner along with the organiser of the initiative and group organiser of St Albans Rainbow Trail, Preet Cox.
Local artist and Collective Art organiser Aisha Adi, who is also behind ‘The Power Pride and Rebirth Exhibition’, will be joining the judging panel alongside Isolation Arts Café’s Chris Blanche.
You may also want to watch:
The competition will run from October 1 to October 23, with the winners being announced on October 24.
For more information about the event, find St Albans Rainbow Trail group on Facebook.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills