St Albans nursery holds Rainbow Day to thank NHS and key workers
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans nursery has held a special Rainbow Day to show thanks to key workers and the NHS.
Nursery manager Hannah Oxley organised the event at Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery to encourage positive conversations regarding people who help us and what the NHS is.
The children enjoyed a rainbow menu which included colourful vegetable rice and blueberries, peach and strawberries for morning fruit snack, and both staff and children all dressed up in rainbow-themed outfits.
They also made rainbow artwork, used doctors and nurses role play outfits, and took part in different colour-related activities.
Owner Amanda Griffiths said: “As the owner I am so proud of all my staff, we have made no redundancies over lockdown and have welcomed back our community...
You may also want to watch:
“The nursery is an extremely happy place at a tricky time.
“Staff have said that they have loved Rainbow Day as it allowed such positive learning.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to