St Albans nursery holds Rainbow Day to thank NHS and key workers
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans nursery has held a special Rainbow Day to show thanks to key workers and the NHS.
Nursery manager Hannah Oxley organised the event at Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery to encourage positive conversations regarding people who help us and what the NHS is.
The children enjoyed a rainbow menu which included colourful vegetable rice and blueberries, peach and strawberries for morning fruit snack, and both staff and children all dressed up in rainbow-themed outfits.
They also made rainbow artwork, used doctors and nurses role play outfits, and took part in different colour-related activities.
Owner Amanda Griffiths said: “As the owner I am so proud of all my staff, we have made no redundancies over lockdown and have welcomed back our community...
You may also want to watch:
“The nursery is an extremely happy place at a tricky time.
“Staff have said that they have loved Rainbow Day as it allowed such positive learning.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre