St Albans nursery holds Rainbow Day to thank NHS and key workers
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans nursery has held a special Rainbow Day to show thanks to key workers and the NHS.
Nursery manager Hannah Oxley organised the event at Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery to encourage positive conversations regarding people who help us and what the NHS is.
The children enjoyed a rainbow menu which included colourful vegetable rice and blueberries, peach and strawberries for morning fruit snack, and both staff and children all dressed up in rainbow-themed outfits.
They also made rainbow artwork, used doctors and nurses role play outfits, and took part in different colour-related activities.
Owner Amanda Griffiths said: “As the owner I am so proud of all my staff, we have made no redundancies over lockdown and have welcomed back our community...
You may also want to watch:
“The nursery is an extremely happy place at a tricky time.
“Staff have said that they have loved Rainbow Day as it allowed such positive learning.”
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 7 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 8 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats