Rail problems cause chaos for thousands of travellers
RAIL chaos caused massive problems for thousands of commuters struggling in and out of London yesterday (Tuesday) on the hottest day of the year so far. A spokesperson for First Capital Connect (FCC) which runs the Thameslink concession said the problems
RAIL chaos caused massive problems for thousands of commuters struggling in and out of London yesterday (Tuesday) on the hottest day of the year so far.
A spokesperson for First Capital Connect (FCC) which runs the Thameslink concession said the problems started around 2pm and continued through the rush hour up until around 10pm
They stemmed from faulty overhead lines in the Kentish Town area which meant all services had to be diverted.
She added: "It was a very frustrating day for commuters and we apologise for the delays. We did our best to find solutions and laid on buses and taxis and provided water where necessary. We are completely reliant upon Network Rail in these situations."
You may also want to watch:
It is believed some people were stuck on trains in a tunnel near Kentish Town.
People travelling from St Albans were provided with free buses to and from Hatfield where they could use the alternative rail link into London.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
Rail travellers in Radlett were offered free buses to West Hampstead so they could travel via the Underground.
The elderly and disabled and people struggling to catch flights were granted free taxi travel to their destinations.