Trespasser on the line causes rail delays at St Albans, Harpenden and Radlett
- Credit: Archant
All Thameslink lines are running at reduced speed thanks to the disruption.
Thameslink trains tweeted at 6.56pm: “Due to trespassers on the railway at London Bridge trains have to run at reduced speed on all line[s]”.
Some lines in and out of London are completely blocked, while “other services are able to move at caution into and out of the station, but this has reduced capacity at one of the busiest points of the network”, according to the operator.
The delays could affect passengers at St Albans, Harpenden and Radlett.
Trains may be delayed by up to 30 minutes, or even cancelled or revised.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption can be expected until 8.30pm.
Southern Rail will accept Thameslink tickets, and London Underground can be used between London Bridge, London Blackfriars and London Victoria.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan