Raiders net fishing tackle
RAIDERS who targeted a fishing tackle shop made off with a large haul of equipment. Lakeside Tackle, which is off the A414 in Colney Heath, was broken into between 8.30pm last Tuesday and 10am on Thursday. Police are now appealing for witnesses and inform
RAIDERS who targeted a fishing tackle shop made off with a large haul of equipment.
Lakeside Tackle, which is off the A414 in Colney Heath, was broken into between 8.30pm last Tuesday and 10am on Thursday.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information about the burglary in which boilees, head lamps, 28 bottles of liquid flavouring, 30 spools of fishing braid and 20 fishing weights were stolen.
Pc Dean Carpenter, who is investigating the theft, said: "This incident has caused much inconvenience and distress to the owners of this shop and I am appealing for anyone with information to come forward. If you were in the area at the time and saw anyone acting suspiciously, saw the incident take place or know anything about the burglary, then please come forward to police."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "I would also ask anyone who thinks they come into contact with the stolen property to get in contact with police."
Anyone with information should call PC Carpenter on 0845 33 00 222 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district