Raiders net fishing tackle
RAIDERS who targeted a fishing tackle shop made off with a large haul of equipment. Lakeside Tackle, which is off the A414 in Colney Heath, was broken into between 8.30pm last Tuesday and 10am on Thursday. Police are now appealing for witnesses and inform
RAIDERS who targeted a fishing tackle shop made off with a large haul of equipment.
Lakeside Tackle, which is off the A414 in Colney Heath, was broken into between 8.30pm last Tuesday and 10am on Thursday.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information about the burglary in which boilees, head lamps, 28 bottles of liquid flavouring, 30 spools of fishing braid and 20 fishing weights were stolen.
Pc Dean Carpenter, who is investigating the theft, said: "This incident has caused much inconvenience and distress to the owners of this shop and I am appealing for anyone with information to come forward. If you were in the area at the time and saw anyone acting suspiciously, saw the incident take place or know anything about the burglary, then please come forward to police."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "I would also ask anyone who thinks they come into contact with the stolen property to get in contact with police."
Anyone with information should call PC Carpenter on 0845 33 00 222 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll