Raiders net fishing tackle
RAIDERS who targeted a fishing tackle shop made off with a large haul of equipment. Lakeside Tackle, which is off the A414 in Colney Heath, was broken into between 8.30pm last Tuesday and 10am on Thursday. Police are now appealing for witnesses and inform
RAIDERS who targeted a fishing tackle shop made off with a large haul of equipment.
Lakeside Tackle, which is off the A414 in Colney Heath, was broken into between 8.30pm last Tuesday and 10am on Thursday.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information about the burglary in which boilees, head lamps, 28 bottles of liquid flavouring, 30 spools of fishing braid and 20 fishing weights were stolen.
Pc Dean Carpenter, who is investigating the theft, said: "This incident has caused much inconvenience and distress to the owners of this shop and I am appealing for anyone with information to come forward. If you were in the area at the time and saw anyone acting suspiciously, saw the incident take place or know anything about the burglary, then please come forward to police."
He added: "I would also ask anyone who thinks they come into contact with the stolen property to get in contact with police."
Anyone with information should call PC Carpenter on 0845 33 00 222 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area