Radlett woman wins car in charity prize draw
- Credit: Archant
One lucky woman from Radlett won a brand new car in a charity prize draw organised by the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Hayley Rodol, 43, won a Fiat 500, worth more than £11,000, from Glyn Hopkin Fiat in Lyon Way, St Albans, beating odds of 250 to one.
She scooped the top prize in a £100 per-ticket raffle at the charity’s annual Valentine’s Ball, which was held at the Dorchester Hotel in Park Lane.
The prize draw raised £250,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which grants wishes to seriously-ill children.
Hayley said: “I never thought I’d win anything like this, so I’m absolutely over the moon.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a fantastic evening at the Make-A-Wish Valentine’s Ball, for such a brilliant cause, and I couldn’t be happier to have won this fantastic Fiat 500.
“The staff at Glyn Hopkin have been very helpful, giving me a full explanation of all the key features on the car. Now I can’t wait to get on the road.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
The annual ball has been held since 2007 and has raised more than £1.8million over the last decade. All money raised goes to grant wishes to children and young people suffering from life-threatening conditions.