Radlett woman’s marathon effort in memory of late friend
- Credit: Archant
Beauty therapist Jane Bennett will swap her face and body treatments for running shoes when she takes part in this year’s London Marathon.
Jane, from Radlett, runs her own business and will be celebrating her 50th birthday four days before the Virgin Money Marathon on April 26.
She is running on behalf of the charity Beating Bowel Cancer in memory of a close friend Mark Green who died a year ago.
She explained: “The marathon will be two days before the anniversary of his death. With it being such a poignant time I want to raise money to fight this terrible disease. It would also be a tribute to a wonderful man, husband and father.”
Jane started running five years ago but this will be her first marathon. She added: “Training is going well, I’m seeing a lot of the physio.”
You may also want to watch:
Bowel cancer is the UK’s second-biggest cancer killer after lung cancer with the majority of cases presenting in people over 50.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Jane can do so at www.justgiving.com/jane-bennett11
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 6 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted