Radlett woman’s marathon effort in memory of late friend
- Credit: Archant
Beauty therapist Jane Bennett will swap her face and body treatments for running shoes when she takes part in this year’s London Marathon.
Jane, from Radlett, runs her own business and will be celebrating her 50th birthday four days before the Virgin Money Marathon on April 26.
She is running on behalf of the charity Beating Bowel Cancer in memory of a close friend Mark Green who died a year ago.
She explained: “The marathon will be two days before the anniversary of his death. With it being such a poignant time I want to raise money to fight this terrible disease. It would also be a tribute to a wonderful man, husband and father.”
Jane started running five years ago but this will be her first marathon. She added: “Training is going well, I’m seeing a lot of the physio.”
You may also want to watch:
Bowel cancer is the UK’s second-biggest cancer killer after lung cancer with the majority of cases presenting in people over 50.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Jane can do so at www.justgiving.com/jane-bennett11
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 10 A New York state of mind