Radlett woman’s marathon effort in memory of late friend
- Credit: Archant
Beauty therapist Jane Bennett will swap her face and body treatments for running shoes when she takes part in this year’s London Marathon.
Jane, from Radlett, runs her own business and will be celebrating her 50th birthday four days before the Virgin Money Marathon on April 26.
She is running on behalf of the charity Beating Bowel Cancer in memory of a close friend Mark Green who died a year ago.
She explained: “The marathon will be two days before the anniversary of his death. With it being such a poignant time I want to raise money to fight this terrible disease. It would also be a tribute to a wonderful man, husband and father.”
Jane started running five years ago but this will be her first marathon. She added: “Training is going well, I’m seeing a lot of the physio.”
You may also want to watch:
Bowel cancer is the UK’s second-biggest cancer killer after lung cancer with the majority of cases presenting in people over 50.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Jane can do so at www.justgiving.com/jane-bennett11
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?