Radlett woman appeals for donations to help women’s refuge
- Credit: Archant
Unwanted toiletries are being sought by a local woman who aims to help vulnerable women this Christmas.
Angela Thompson, who lives in Radlett, has set up the Helping Herts initiative, which provides St Albans and Hertsmere Women’s Refuge (SAHWR) with items such as bubble bath, underwear and sanitary items.
SAHWR provide a safe and comfortable environment for women and women with children who suffer from domestic abuse. The initiative will give them the essentials that they need.
Angela said: “We wanted to help our local women’s refuge, who by the very nature of the work they do, are hidden and protected.”
The women organising the scheme will be collecting donations until December 19.
You may also want to watch:
Items can be dropped off at Barkers Estate Agents, in Watling Street, Radlett, or alternatively, contact Angela via her email email@example.com to arrange a drop-off or collection.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match