Radlett woman appeals for donations to help women’s refuge
- Credit: Archant
Unwanted toiletries are being sought by a local woman who aims to help vulnerable women this Christmas.
Angela Thompson, who lives in Radlett, has set up the Helping Herts initiative, which provides St Albans and Hertsmere Women’s Refuge (SAHWR) with items such as bubble bath, underwear and sanitary items.
SAHWR provide a safe and comfortable environment for women and women with children who suffer from domestic abuse. The initiative will give them the essentials that they need.
Angela said: “We wanted to help our local women’s refuge, who by the very nature of the work they do, are hidden and protected.”
The women organising the scheme will be collecting donations until December 19.
You may also want to watch:
Items can be dropped off at Barkers Estate Agents, in Watling Street, Radlett, or alternatively, contact Angela via her email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off or collection.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield