Travelodge looking to open hotel in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
Budget hotel chain Travelodge is looking to expand into Radlett.
After opening a hotel in Welwyn Garden City, the chain has announced it wants to double its portfolio of hotels in the region.
Travelodge communications director Shakila Ahmed said: “The Hertfordshire economy is growing at pace and with increasing visitor numbers to the area, there is a shortage of good quality accommodation at a great value price.
“We have identified Radlett as one of eight key Hertfordshire locations, where we would like to open a Travelodge hotel. This expansion will nearly double our portfolio in the region, boost each local economy by £2m and collectively create 200 new jobs, including 25 in Radlett.”
It has been claimed by Travelodge that its customers will spend £2m a year with local businesses during their stay.
You may also want to watch:
The chain is also looking to open hotels in Potters Bar, Stevenage and Watford.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 3 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 4 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 5 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 6 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers