Travelodge looking to open hotel in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
Budget hotel chain Travelodge is looking to expand into Radlett.
After opening a hotel in Welwyn Garden City, the chain has announced it wants to double its portfolio of hotels in the region.
Travelodge communications director Shakila Ahmed said: “The Hertfordshire economy is growing at pace and with increasing visitor numbers to the area, there is a shortage of good quality accommodation at a great value price.
“We have identified Radlett as one of eight key Hertfordshire locations, where we would like to open a Travelodge hotel. This expansion will nearly double our portfolio in the region, boost each local economy by £2m and collectively create 200 new jobs, including 25 in Radlett.”
It has been claimed by Travelodge that its customers will spend £2m a year with local businesses during their stay.
You may also want to watch:
The chain is also looking to open hotels in Potters Bar, Stevenage and Watford.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final