Radlett pub heroes foil burglary
DRINKERS turned to heroes at a Radlett pub last week when they abandoned their pints to chase off burglars who had targeted a nearby bookmakers.
Around 10 customers were drinking on the patio outside the Red Lion Hotel shortly before 11pm last Tuesday evening when they saw a BMW pull up outside Coral Racing.
According to police, a group of offenders then got out of the car and forced entry into the Watling Street shop by smashing the glass.
Robin Nevill, general manager at the Red Lion, said: “The customers were on the patio outside the pub when they saw the BMW pull up.
“They obviously heard what happened and suddenly shouted inside for help and ran across the road to chase the guys off.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Herts Police said: “The offenders got back into the car and drove off down Watling Street, turning right into Aldenham Avenue.”
Police confirmed that nothing was taken during the incident and witnesses are now being sought.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Laura Chillingworth on the non-emergency number 101.