Radlett MP joins group to combat threat of building on Green Belt
- Credit: Archant
Radlett MP Oliver Dowden has been made treasurer of a group dedicated to preventing building on the Green Belt.
The All-Party Parliamentary for London’s Green Belt was launched last week, and brings together politicians from Labour, the Tories, and the Lib Dems.
Mr Dowden said: “I am glad to have been elected as Treasurer of the APPG for London’s Green Belt.
“It is vitally important we protect the Green Belt and the distinctive character of areas surrounding London, such as my own constituency of Hertsmere.
“I look forward to working with the group.”
You may also want to watch:
The group has already held its inaugural meeting, where members agreed to develop policy thinking and try to influence the debate on housing and planning policy.
Plans were announced last month to build 8,000 homes on fields around London Colney and parts of Hertsmere.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared