Radlett MP joins group to combat threat of building on Green Belt
- Credit: Archant
Radlett MP Oliver Dowden has been made treasurer of a group dedicated to preventing building on the Green Belt.
The All-Party Parliamentary for London’s Green Belt was launched last week, and brings together politicians from Labour, the Tories, and the Lib Dems.
Mr Dowden said: “I am glad to have been elected as Treasurer of the APPG for London’s Green Belt.
“It is vitally important we protect the Green Belt and the distinctive character of areas surrounding London, such as my own constituency of Hertsmere.
“I look forward to working with the group.”
You may also want to watch:
The group has already held its inaugural meeting, where members agreed to develop policy thinking and try to influence the debate on housing and planning policy.
Plans were announced last month to build 8,000 homes on fields around London Colney and parts of Hertsmere.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans