Radlett MP joins group to combat threat of building on Green Belt
- Credit: Archant
Radlett MP Oliver Dowden has been made treasurer of a group dedicated to preventing building on the Green Belt.
The All-Party Parliamentary for London’s Green Belt was launched last week, and brings together politicians from Labour, the Tories, and the Lib Dems.
Mr Dowden said: “I am glad to have been elected as Treasurer of the APPG for London’s Green Belt.
“It is vitally important we protect the Green Belt and the distinctive character of areas surrounding London, such as my own constituency of Hertsmere.
“I look forward to working with the group.”
You may also want to watch:
The group has already held its inaugural meeting, where members agreed to develop policy thinking and try to influence the debate on housing and planning policy.
Plans were announced last month to build 8,000 homes on fields around London Colney and parts of Hertsmere.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved