Radlett MP joins group to combat threat of building on Green Belt
- Credit: Archant
Radlett MP Oliver Dowden has been made treasurer of a group dedicated to preventing building on the Green Belt.
The All-Party Parliamentary for London’s Green Belt was launched last week, and brings together politicians from Labour, the Tories, and the Lib Dems.
Mr Dowden said: “I am glad to have been elected as Treasurer of the APPG for London’s Green Belt.
“It is vitally important we protect the Green Belt and the distinctive character of areas surrounding London, such as my own constituency of Hertsmere.
“I look forward to working with the group.”
You may also want to watch:
The group has already held its inaugural meeting, where members agreed to develop policy thinking and try to influence the debate on housing and planning policy.
Plans were announced last month to build 8,000 homes on fields around London Colney and parts of Hertsmere.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted