Radlett entrepreneur crafts Brexit-themed vodka
- Credit: Archant
A Radlett entrepreneur has forsaken a career in the city to sell his own Brexit-themed vodka.
Przemek Skwirczynski gave up his job at Credit Suisse to exploit a gap in the vodka and Brexit market.
The result was Brexitovka.
Przemek said: “Rather than join the fast expanding craft gin industry, my idea was to produce craft vodka as there is a relative niche in the market for premium English vodka, which is set to become even more pronounced upon Brexit, given the likely future import duties on the EU vodkas.
“I decided to call the vodka Brexitovka in the old East European tradition of having occasional vodkas.”
You may also want to watch:
The spirit was launched at the UKIP conference in February, and is the first spirit to reference Brexit.
Radlett was one of the more interesting voting areas in the referendum.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
It falls within the Hertsmere constituency, which voted by a slight 1.6 per cent margin to leave the EU in the referendum last year.
However, in a poll of Radlett people by the website Radlett Wire, the majority of respondents voted to remain.
The division in the constituency makes Przmek’s conciliatory slogan “Celebrate Brexit in style or drown your sorrows with Brexitovka” very fitting.
To find out more about Brexitovka, visit www.brexitovka.com