Radlett entrepreneur crafts Brexit-themed vodka
- Credit: Archant
A Radlett entrepreneur has forsaken a career in the city to sell his own Brexit-themed vodka.
Przemek Skwirczynski gave up his job at Credit Suisse to exploit a gap in the vodka and Brexit market.
The result was Brexitovka.
Przemek said: “Rather than join the fast expanding craft gin industry, my idea was to produce craft vodka as there is a relative niche in the market for premium English vodka, which is set to become even more pronounced upon Brexit, given the likely future import duties on the EU vodkas.
“I decided to call the vodka Brexitovka in the old East European tradition of having occasional vodkas.”
You may also want to watch:
The spirit was launched at the UKIP conference in February, and is the first spirit to reference Brexit.
Radlett was one of the more interesting voting areas in the referendum.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 3 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 4 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 5 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 6 May 17th: The Plough at Sleapshyde looks forward to welcoming customers indoors
- 7 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Mental Health Week: enjoy a cuppa with Bob Golding
- 10 How is your charity shop etiquette?
It falls within the Hertsmere constituency, which voted by a slight 1.6 per cent margin to leave the EU in the referendum last year.
However, in a poll of Radlett people by the website Radlett Wire, the majority of respondents voted to remain.
The division in the constituency makes Przmek’s conciliatory slogan “Celebrate Brexit in style or drown your sorrows with Brexitovka” very fitting.
To find out more about Brexitovka, visit www.brexitovka.com