St Albans radio station wins award for popular show
- Credit: Archant
A long-running St Albans radio show has won a national award.
The trio who host The Parents’ Show on Radio Verulam bagged Gold in the Speech and Journalism category of the National Community Radio Awards 2018 in Sheffield on September 15.
Presenters Lydia El-Khouri, Kathy Weston and Seema Barker said they were gobsmacked to be chosen.
Kathy said: “When they had announced the third and second places and we weren’t mentioned, we really thought that was it. But then they mentioned how the winning show handled difficult subjects sensitively, we knew it had to be us.”
The show, which has aired weekly since 2010 and discusses everything about raising children, was described by judges as “very well targeted”.
You may also want to watch:
Seema added: “It’s amazing and we can’t stop smiling.”
Listen to the show on Radio Verulam at 8pm every Thursday.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team