St Albans radio station wins award for popular show
- Credit: Archant
A long-running St Albans radio show has won a national award.
The trio who host The Parents’ Show on Radio Verulam bagged Gold in the Speech and Journalism category of the National Community Radio Awards 2018 in Sheffield on September 15.
Presenters Lydia El-Khouri, Kathy Weston and Seema Barker said they were gobsmacked to be chosen.
Kathy said: “When they had announced the third and second places and we weren’t mentioned, we really thought that was it. But then they mentioned how the winning show handled difficult subjects sensitively, we knew it had to be us.”
The show, which has aired weekly since 2010 and discusses everything about raising children, was described by judges as “very well targeted”.
You may also want to watch:
Seema added: “It’s amazing and we can’t stop smiling.”
Listen to the show on Radio Verulam at 8pm every Thursday.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall