Radio Verulam parenting show scoops national award
- Credit: Archant
St Albans’ local radio station has scooped a National Community Radio Award for its popular parenting show.
The Parents’ Show team from Radio Verulam received the speech and journalism award at the ceremony in Sheffield on Saturday, September 15.
Presenters Lydia El-Khouri, Kathy Weston and Seema Barker attended the event alongside team member Dave Neal and Radio Verulam co-founder Clive Glover.
Kathy said: “When they had announced the third and second places and we weren’t mentioned, we really thought that was it. But then they mentioned how the winning show handled difficult subjects sensitively, and we knew it had to be us!”
The judges described the show as “very well targeted”, and praised how it “handled sensitive, challenging subjects with both skill and care”.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the shows are available on the Radio Verulam website and on iTunes.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?