Radio Verulam parenting show scoops national award
- Credit: Archant
St Albans’ local radio station has scooped a National Community Radio Award for its popular parenting show.
The Parents’ Show team from Radio Verulam received the speech and journalism award at the ceremony in Sheffield on Saturday, September 15.
Presenters Lydia El-Khouri, Kathy Weston and Seema Barker attended the event alongside team member Dave Neal and Radio Verulam co-founder Clive Glover.
Kathy said: “When they had announced the third and second places and we weren’t mentioned, we really thought that was it. But then they mentioned how the winning show handled difficult subjects sensitively, and we knew it had to be us!”
The judges described the show as “very well targeted”, and praised how it “handled sensitive, challenging subjects with both skill and care”.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the shows are available on the Radio Verulam website and on iTunes.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy