St Albans radio presenters nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A trio of St Albans radio presenters have been nominated for a prestigious national broadcasting award.
Radio Verulam volunteers Kathy Weston, Lydia El-Khouri and Seema Barker have been shortlisted for the Speech and Journalism Show of the Year in the Community Radio Association’s Community Radio Awards 2018.
They host The Parents’ Show, which has aired weekly since 2010 and discusses everything involved in the process of raising children.
Specialists and experts are often interviewed on the show.
Kathy said: “It’s so exciting to think that our little show has been picked from the high number of high quality entries for these national awards.
You may also want to watch:
“That recognition in itself is such an honour.”
The trio thanked Julie Dean for managing guests, Neil Brierley and Dave Neal for uploading podcasts, and the show’s sponsors, Mary McEvoy and the whole team at Neves Solicitors.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
Listen to The Parents’ Show on Thursday at 8pm.