St Albans radio presenters nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A trio of St Albans radio presenters have been nominated for a prestigious national broadcasting award.
Radio Verulam volunteers Kathy Weston, Lydia El-Khouri and Seema Barker have been shortlisted for the Speech and Journalism Show of the Year in the Community Radio Association’s Community Radio Awards 2018.
They host The Parents’ Show, which has aired weekly since 2010 and discusses everything involved in the process of raising children.
Specialists and experts are often interviewed on the show.
Kathy said: “It’s so exciting to think that our little show has been picked from the high number of high quality entries for these national awards.
“That recognition in itself is such an honour.”
The trio thanked Julie Dean for managing guests, Neil Brierley and Dave Neal for uploading podcasts, and the show’s sponsors, Mary McEvoy and the whole team at Neves Solicitors.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
Listen to The Parents’ Show on Thursday at 8pm.