St Albans radio presenters nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A trio of St Albans radio presenters have been nominated for a prestigious national broadcasting award.
Radio Verulam volunteers Kathy Weston, Lydia El-Khouri and Seema Barker have been shortlisted for the Speech and Journalism Show of the Year in the Community Radio Association’s Community Radio Awards 2018.
They host The Parents’ Show, which has aired weekly since 2010 and discusses everything involved in the process of raising children.
Specialists and experts are often interviewed on the show.
Kathy said: “It’s so exciting to think that our little show has been picked from the high number of high quality entries for these national awards.
You may also want to watch:
“That recognition in itself is such an honour.”
The trio thanked Julie Dean for managing guests, Neil Brierley and Dave Neal for uploading podcasts, and the show’s sponsors, Mary McEvoy and the whole team at Neves Solicitors.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
Listen to The Parents’ Show on Thursday at 8pm.