‘Que?’ Fawlty Towers team take over St Albans hotel for charity night
- Credit: Archant
“Don’t mention the war!”
A touch of Torquay came to St Michael’s Manor on Friday, when the hotel was taken over by the staff of Fawlty Towers for a special fundraising evening.
Basil, Sybil and Manuel kicked off proceedings with a fire alarm, followed by more madcap re-enactments from the legendary BBC comedy series.
Even the menu fit the theme, with Waldof salad and duck served in Manuel’s indominitable style.
The event was organised by local children and families charity Home-Start Herts, and raised over £7,500, enough to provide 11 families with weekly home-visiting support.
You may also want to watch:
Suzy Moody from the charity said: “We were so excited when we started planning this event and we were certainly not disappointed. The actors were fantastic and the whole evening was just such a laugh from beginning to end. It’s great that as well as having a fabulous night, we raised over £7,500!
“We are trying to think what we can do next, year, it’s a hard one to top.”
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans