Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- Credit: Danny Loo
A Covid quarantine hotel is believed to have been established in St Albans.
The Noke Hotel in Chiswell Green is a popular venue for visitors and local weddings but at the moment is not functioning as normal due to the global coronavirus pandemic.
A member of staff working at The Noke confirmed to one of our reporters that the establishment is being used as an official quarantine hotel.
However, the manager refused to comment or provide us with details for their press office.
It is stipulated by the government that: "Everyone who arrives into England and has been in a red list country must quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel for 10 full days from the point of their arrival."
You may also want to watch:
Several St Albans weddings were allegedly due to take place at the hotel, and people have reportedly had their special day cancelled at short notice.
A spokesperson for the Department of Health and Social care said in an official statement that they do not give out details or locations of quarantine hotels.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield