Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- Credit: Danny Loo
A Covid quarantine hotel is believed to have been established in St Albans.
The Noke Hotel in Chiswell Green is a popular venue for visitors and local weddings but at the moment is not functioning as normal due to the global coronavirus pandemic.
A member of staff working at The Noke confirmed to one of our reporters that the establishment is being used as an official quarantine hotel.
However, the manager refused to comment or provide us with details for their press office.
It is stipulated by the government that: "Everyone who arrives into England and has been in a red list country must quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel for 10 full days from the point of their arrival."
You may also want to watch:
Several St Albans weddings were allegedly due to take place at the hotel, and people have reportedly had their special day cancelled at short notice.
A spokesperson for the Department of Health and Social care said in an official statement that they do not give out details or locations of quarantine hotels.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall