Put your unwanted presents to good use and donate them to St Albans charity shops
- Credit: Archant
Do you have unwanted Christmas presents you’re not sure what to do with?
Why not donate them to Grove House Hospice and help raise funds for local people with cancer and other life-limiting illness.
Whether you received gifts that are too small, too big, duplicated or just not for you, Rennie Grove Hospice Care would be delighted to take them off of your hands.
Director for retail and trading Iain Miller said: “Our Iain Rennie Hospice at Home and Grove House charity shops always welcome donations of new and quality used goods.
“Please don’t stuff things at the back of a cupboard that will never see the light of day again, donate them to us safe in the knowledge that any money we make from them will be helping to support local patients and families.”
Rennie Grove Hospice Care has 20 charity shops operating in Herts and Bucks which are tasked with raising £2.2 million to help support the charity’s services each year.
In 2013-14 Rennie Grove cared for 3,000 local patients and families facing the difficulties posed by cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
The number of patients and families needing support is set to rise steeply in the coming years and all donations will help ensure that these vital services continue to be available for all local people.
If you would like to donate any unwanted presents please take them along to one of the charity’s Iain Rennie Hospice at Home or Grove House charity shops.
Details of the shop locations can be found on the website at www.renniegrove.org/shops.