Put your unwanted presents to good use and donate them to St Albans charity shops
- Credit: Archant
Do you have unwanted Christmas presents you’re not sure what to do with?
Why not donate them to Grove House Hospice and help raise funds for local people with cancer and other life-limiting illness.
Whether you received gifts that are too small, too big, duplicated or just not for you, Rennie Grove Hospice Care would be delighted to take them off of your hands.
Director for retail and trading Iain Miller said: “Our Iain Rennie Hospice at Home and Grove House charity shops always welcome donations of new and quality used goods.
“Please don’t stuff things at the back of a cupboard that will never see the light of day again, donate them to us safe in the knowledge that any money we make from them will be helping to support local patients and families.”
You may also want to watch:
Rennie Grove Hospice Care has 20 charity shops operating in Herts and Bucks which are tasked with raising £2.2 million to help support the charity’s services each year.
In 2013-14 Rennie Grove cared for 3,000 local patients and families facing the difficulties posed by cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
The number of patients and families needing support is set to rise steeply in the coming years and all donations will help ensure that these vital services continue to be available for all local people.
If you would like to donate any unwanted presents please take them along to one of the charity’s Iain Rennie Hospice at Home or Grove House charity shops.
Details of the shop locations can be found on the website at www.renniegrove.org/shops.