Put your unwanted presents to good use and donate them to St Albans charity shops
- Credit: Archant
Do you have unwanted Christmas presents you’re not sure what to do with?
Why not donate them to Grove House Hospice and help raise funds for local people with cancer and other life-limiting illness.
Whether you received gifts that are too small, too big, duplicated or just not for you, Rennie Grove Hospice Care would be delighted to take them off of your hands.
Director for retail and trading Iain Miller said: “Our Iain Rennie Hospice at Home and Grove House charity shops always welcome donations of new and quality used goods.
“Please don’t stuff things at the back of a cupboard that will never see the light of day again, donate them to us safe in the knowledge that any money we make from them will be helping to support local patients and families.”
Rennie Grove Hospice Care has 20 charity shops operating in Herts and Bucks which are tasked with raising £2.2 million to help support the charity’s services each year.
In 2013-14 Rennie Grove cared for 3,000 local patients and families facing the difficulties posed by cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
The number of patients and families needing support is set to rise steeply in the coming years and all donations will help ensure that these vital services continue to be available for all local people.
If you would like to donate any unwanted presents please take them along to one of the charity’s Iain Rennie Hospice at Home or Grove House charity shops.
Details of the shop locations can be found on the website at www.renniegrove.org/shops.