Pupils are bouncing
TRAMPOLINING girls at a Harpenden secondary school have had an extra spring in their step since taking part in a regional competition. Three girls teams at Roundwood Park School won their sections in the championships at Harlow and there were a number of
TRAMPOLINING girls at a Harpenden secondary school have had an extra spring in their step since taking part in a regional competition.
Three girls' teams at Roundwood Park School won their sections in the championships at Harlow and there were a number of individual successes as well.
The Under 13s, Under 15s and Under 19s all won their sections and, in the Under 19 elite category, Charley O'Dell, scooped top spot with some of the highest marks seen in any competitions on the day in her set routine.
That makes her champion of the region and gives her a place in the zonal round after Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
She was not the only individual success story - Sarah Jane McGaw gained second place in the Under 13s, Beth Donnelly took third place in the Under 15s and Rosie Keen came first - making her regional champion - and Emily Lloyd second in the Under 19 team.
The boys' Under 15 team finished in third place and only missed out on the next round by two marks while Luke Hazelton, competing in the Under 19s, was so enthusiastic that he broke the trampoline - and still finished fourth.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
The team was trained by Pauline Moxham who said all the performers had done her proud and the results were greatly deserved.