Pumpkin fun promised at London Colney festival
SPOOKY fruits are filling the fields of a farm village in London Colney in preparation for its annual pumpkin festival. Willows Farm Village scattered over 10,000 pumpkin seeds across their fields during the spring to prepare for their pumpkin festival, w
SPOOKY fruits are filling the fields of a farm village in London Colney in preparation for its annual pumpkin festival.
Willows Farm Village scattered over 10,000 pumpkin seeds across their fields during the spring to prepare for their pumpkin festival, which kicks off next Saturday, October 17, and lasts for two weeks.
Every child who visits the farm village will be able to choose their own free pumpkin from the field before having a go at the carving competition or taking it home.
New to this year's pumpkin festival is the Animal Pumpkin Farm, home to farmyard animals which have been carved from Willows pumpkins, and the Pumpkin Olympics, which will include a pumpkin obstacle race and a pumpkin relay.
You may also want to watch:
Willows farmer Andrew Wolfe said that he was looking forward to the festival: "It's a fantastic experience for parents and children visiting the farm. It's important to us that we give everyone, particularly children, the opportunity to learn more about where their food comes from and the Pumpkin Festival gives visitors the chance to find out more about these impressive fruits."
To find out more about Willows Farm Village and the pumpkin festival, visit www.willowsfarmvillage.com
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire