Pub chef's day in the limelight
PUB chef Rohan Gordon is more used to working behind the scenes than in the full glare of the limelight. But that might all change after a forthcoming TV appearance which could make his name as a celebrity chef. Rohan, aged 31, who works at The Hare and H
PUB chef Rohan Gordon is more used to working behind the scenes than in the full glare of the limelight.
But that might all change after a forthcoming TV appearance which could make his name as a celebrity chef.
Rohan, aged 31, who works at The Hare and Hounds in Sopwell Lane, St Albans, was invited to prepare a dish of his choice on UKTV's food show Market Kitchen.
He said: "They invited me because they know I only use local produce in all my dishes. It was hard cooking stuff out of sequence with four cameras pointing at you."
On the same show were the culinary double act The Hairy Bikers whom Rohan met up with before the show. He said: "They were great fun - a real laugh."
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
- 5 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 6 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 7 Animal antics during a night's adventure at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Cash stolen from parked car on Harpenden Road in St Albans
- 9 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 10 David Carrick appears at Westminster Magistrates' charged with three rapes
Rohan made fillet steak with beetroot and potato rosti, curly kale and a garlic jus, all sourced from Hedges Farm and Carpenter's Nursery in St Albans.
Rohan, who hails from Melbourne in Australia, is unsure about a career in front of the cameras
He said: "I think I would miss the feedback from my customers when they come and tell me how much they enjoyed their meals."
His UKTV appearance is due to be screened next Thursday, March 13, at 7pm.