Pub chef's day in the limelight
PUB chef Rohan Gordon is more used to working behind the scenes than in the full glare of the limelight. But that might all change after a forthcoming TV appearance which could make his name as a celebrity chef. Rohan, aged 31, who works at The Hare and H
PUB chef Rohan Gordon is more used to working behind the scenes than in the full glare of the limelight.
But that might all change after a forthcoming TV appearance which could make his name as a celebrity chef.
Rohan, aged 31, who works at The Hare and Hounds in Sopwell Lane, St Albans, was invited to prepare a dish of his choice on UKTV's food show Market Kitchen.
He said: "They invited me because they know I only use local produce in all my dishes. It was hard cooking stuff out of sequence with four cameras pointing at you."
You may also want to watch:
On the same show were the culinary double act The Hairy Bikers whom Rohan met up with before the show. He said: "They were great fun - a real laugh."
- 1 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
Rohan made fillet steak with beetroot and potato rosti, curly kale and a garlic jus, all sourced from Hedges Farm and Carpenter's Nursery in St Albans.
Rohan, who hails from Melbourne in Australia, is unsure about a career in front of the cameras
He said: "I think I would miss the feedback from my customers when they come and tell me how much they enjoyed their meals."
His UKTV appearance is due to be screened next Thursday, March 13, at 7pm.