Promoting Harpenden in run up to Christmas
- Credit: Archant
HARPENDEN: A new initiative to promote the town’s independent shops, cafés, bars and restaurants has been launched in the run-up to Christmas.
The aim is to promote their businesses using a Facebook site entitled Harpenden Christmas Shopping at www.facebook.com/HarpendenChristmasShopping
Instigated by The Harpenden Society, the initiative covers retailers, bars, cafés, and restaurants in Harpenden and Southdown.
The Facebook scheme will allow local residents to log on and easily access information about Christmas offers in Harpenden.
It will be updated weekly until Christmas Eve to provide local residents with up-to-the-minute news on Christmas offers.
You may also want to watch:
A number of local traders will be opening on Sundays up to Christmas, details of which can be found on the Harpenden Society website www.harpendensociety.org and the Harpendia web site www.harpendia.com
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Jon Clements back with his 'family' as Colney Heath announce four signings for first Southern League campaign