Promoting Harpenden in run up to Christmas
- Credit: Archant
HARPENDEN: A new initiative to promote the town’s independent shops, cafés, bars and restaurants has been launched in the run-up to Christmas.
The aim is to promote their businesses using a Facebook site entitled Harpenden Christmas Shopping at www.facebook.com/HarpendenChristmasShopping
Instigated by The Harpenden Society, the initiative covers retailers, bars, cafés, and restaurants in Harpenden and Southdown.
The Facebook scheme will allow local residents to log on and easily access information about Christmas offers in Harpenden.
It will be updated weekly until Christmas Eve to provide local residents with up-to-the-minute news on Christmas offers.
A number of local traders will be opening on Sundays up to Christmas, details of which can be found on the Harpenden Society website www.harpendensociety.org and the Harpendia web site www.harpendia.com
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead