Prolific purse dipper sentenced in St Albans Crown Court
- Credit: Archant
A SERGEANT is “thrilled” that a prolific purse dipper is back behind bars after the thief, who stole from visitors to St Albans city centre, was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment.
Sabrina Hamadovic, 25, of Brinkworth Road, Ilford, was sentenced in St Albans Crown Court on Monday, July 1.
She had pleaded guilty after being arrested and charged with six purse-dipping offences in St Albans.
Neighbourhood Sergeant Karen Lewis said: “Sabrina had previously served a four month custodial sentence, and I’m thrilled that she is back behind bars so she is not able to target, distract or prey on elderly residents in the city centre.
“My officers will continue to make St Albans a no-go area for predatory purse dippers like Sabrina.”
You may also want to watch:
Hamadovic’s arrest was part of an ongoing operation to combat purse-dipping in St Albans city centre by the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team.
• Rolex Hamadovic, 22, has been arrested and charged with handling stolen property and is due to appear before St Albans Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets