Prolific purse dipper sentenced in St Albans Crown Court
- Credit: Archant
A SERGEANT is “thrilled” that a prolific purse dipper is back behind bars after the thief, who stole from visitors to St Albans city centre, was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment.
Sabrina Hamadovic, 25, of Brinkworth Road, Ilford, was sentenced in St Albans Crown Court on Monday, July 1.
She had pleaded guilty after being arrested and charged with six purse-dipping offences in St Albans.
Neighbourhood Sergeant Karen Lewis said: “Sabrina had previously served a four month custodial sentence, and I’m thrilled that she is back behind bars so she is not able to target, distract or prey on elderly residents in the city centre.
“My officers will continue to make St Albans a no-go area for predatory purse dippers like Sabrina.”
You may also want to watch:
Hamadovic’s arrest was part of an ongoing operation to combat purse-dipping in St Albans city centre by the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team.
• Rolex Hamadovic, 22, has been arrested and charged with handling stolen property and is due to appear before St Albans Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order