Professional chef cooks with children at St Albans nursery
- Credit: Archant
A professional chef found the recipe for success when he mixed cooking and reading at a St Albans nursery.
James ‘Jocky’ Petrie visited 30 three and four year olds at Camp Primary and Nursery School on March 1 to cook pancakes with the youngsters - helping them crack eggs, grate lemon and lime peel, and open vanilla pods.
He also read The Runaway Pancake, to tie in with World Book Day on March 7.
Nursery school teacher Mary Nethersole said: “The children have been learning about different people’s jobs in our community and they understood it was special that Jocky had come in to cook with them.
“He was amazing with the children, encouraging them to flip the pancakes as high as they could and teaching them to taste, smell and guess what each ingredient was.”
You may also want to watch:
Jocky has appeared on BBC’s MasterChef and worked with both Heston Blumenthal and Gordon Ramsay.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests