Professional chef cooks with children at St Albans nursery
- Credit: Archant
A professional chef found the recipe for success when he mixed cooking and reading at a St Albans nursery.
James ‘Jocky’ Petrie visited 30 three and four year olds at Camp Primary and Nursery School on March 1 to cook pancakes with the youngsters - helping them crack eggs, grate lemon and lime peel, and open vanilla pods.
He also read The Runaway Pancake, to tie in with World Book Day on March 7.
Nursery school teacher Mary Nethersole said: “The children have been learning about different people’s jobs in our community and they understood it was special that Jocky had come in to cook with them.
“He was amazing with the children, encouraging them to flip the pancakes as high as they could and teaching them to taste, smell and guess what each ingredient was.”
You may also want to watch:
Jocky has appeared on BBC’s MasterChef and worked with both Heston Blumenthal and Gordon Ramsay.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead