Probe into St Albans car parking penalties
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing into the implications of a traffic penalty tribunal decision which could mean some people in St Albans might have been wrongly penalised. The appeal, which was instituted against St Albans District Council, upheld a contentio
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing into the implications of a traffic penalty tribunal decision which could mean some people in St Albans might have been wrongly penalised.
The appeal, which was instituted against St Albans District Council, upheld a contention that a penalty charge notice issued in March this year against a vehicle parked in Bowers Way car park, Harpenden, without a pay and display voucher or parking clock was invalid.
The unnamed objector maintained that the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) under which the penalty had been imposed had failed to take account of changes in the Traffic Management Act of 2004 and other related regulations.
Parking campaigner Neil Herron, who lives in Tyne and Wear, has now called on St Albans council's chief executive Daniel Goodwin, to suspend off-street parking enforcement and revenue collection and pay restitution to motorists who have fallen foul of the TRO.
St Albans council's head of legal services, Mike Lovelady, said: "The district council has received a traffic penalty adjudication dated October 23 in relation to an appeal on a particular penalty charge notice which has been deemed to be invalid.
"The district council is considering the decision and whether there are any implications which may arise.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire