Prize for Harpenden mosaicist
- Credit: Archant
Novice mosaicist Patricia Ziegelmeier has won a competition with her first piece of art work.
Patricia attends classes run by Tony Williamson at Meadway Mosaics in Harpenden and she has won the Topps Tiles mosaic art competition - making it the fifth year that Tony’s students have taken the top prize - with her design of a lizard.
Patricia won £100 and Tony received a £300 credit as a result of the competition.
She was presented with her prize at Topps Tiles which is in Hatfield Road, St Albans.
Tony runs his courses from studios in his garden and his workshop is run on a non profit-making basis. He set the classes up because he has an ongoing illness for which he found mosaic art to be very therapeutic. There is also a strong social element to the classes and he has had two groups of students who have been going along for many years.
Anyone who would like to try their hand at mosaic art should contact Tony at email@example.com or call 01582 761496 or 07788 860251.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by