Prize for Harpenden mosaicist
- Credit: Archant
Novice mosaicist Patricia Ziegelmeier has won a competition with her first piece of art work.
Patricia attends classes run by Tony Williamson at Meadway Mosaics in Harpenden and she has won the Topps Tiles mosaic art competition - making it the fifth year that Tony’s students have taken the top prize - with her design of a lizard.
Patricia won £100 and Tony received a £300 credit as a result of the competition.
She was presented with her prize at Topps Tiles which is in Hatfield Road, St Albans.
Tony runs his courses from studios in his garden and his workshop is run on a non profit-making basis. He set the classes up because he has an ongoing illness for which he found mosaic art to be very therapeutic. There is also a strong social element to the classes and he has had two groups of students who have been going along for many years.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to try their hand at mosaic art should contact Tony at email@example.com or call 01582 761496 or 07788 860251.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant