Prince's Trust trek to be launched at St Albans hotel
IF you want to know how it feels to be on top of the world and even experience it for yourself now s your chance. The Prince s Trust Himalaya Trek 2010 launches at Sopwell House Hotel in St Albans on Tuesday night at 6pm. Prince s Trust chairman Steve Lin
IF you want to know how it feels to be on top of the world and even experience it for yourself now's your chance.
The Prince's Trust Himalaya Trek 2010 launches at Sopwell House Hotel in St Albans on Tuesday night at 6pm.
Prince's Trust chairman Steve Lindsay, 61, of Lindum Place, St Albans, took part in the most recent trek which raised around �17,000 for the Trust.
Grandfather Steve said: "Apart from raising money for a good cause these treks offer powerful life-changing experiences for the people who take part."
Les Owen, organiser of this year's trek to the Pokhara region in the Himalayas will be presenting slides from the spectactular trek, and providing full details of the 2010 trek to anybody interested in joining the trekking group.
He will cover all the key areas including costs, kit, fitness levels, training, fundraising and any other questions you may have before committing yourself to the challenge.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
Entrance is free. All are welcome to the Sopwell House board room anytime between 6pm and 9pm.