Prince's Trust trek to be launched at St Albans hotel
IF you want to know how it feels to be on top of the world and even experience it for yourself now s your chance. The Prince s Trust Himalaya Trek 2010 launches at Sopwell House Hotel in St Albans on Tuesday night at 6pm. Prince s Trust chairman Steve Lin
IF you want to know how it feels to be on top of the world and even experience it for yourself now's your chance.
The Prince's Trust Himalaya Trek 2010 launches at Sopwell House Hotel in St Albans on Tuesday night at 6pm.
Prince's Trust chairman Steve Lindsay, 61, of Lindum Place, St Albans, took part in the most recent trek which raised around �17,000 for the Trust.
Grandfather Steve said: "Apart from raising money for a good cause these treks offer powerful life-changing experiences for the people who take part."
You may also want to watch:
Les Owen, organiser of this year's trek to the Pokhara region in the Himalayas will be presenting slides from the spectactular trek, and providing full details of the 2010 trek to anybody interested in joining the trekking group.
He will cover all the key areas including costs, kit, fitness levels, training, fundraising and any other questions you may have before committing yourself to the challenge.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Entrance is free. All are welcome to the Sopwell House board room anytime between 6pm and 9pm.