Pre-inquest hearing into St Albans man’s death after Westminster Lodge incident
- Credit: Archant
A pre-inquest hearing will be held tomorrow (Friday) into the death of a 39-year-old man from St Albans, following an incident at the pool at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
Daniel Mills, the son of local councillor Roma Mills, died at Hemel Hempstead Hospital on December 4, 2015.
Herts Coroner’s Court has given the provisional cause of death as drowning, with epileptic seizure noted as a possible underlying cause.
• A recent report for St Albans district council’s cabinet with regard to Daniel’s death says that following “an incident at Westminster Lodge discussions have been held with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regarding enforcement responsibility.
“The incident is currently subject to an inquest before the Coroner. It has been agreed that relevant enforcement responsibility for health and safety legislation regarding pool activities at Westminster Lodge will be transferred to the HSE. This took effect from 14 October 2016.”
You may also want to watch:
Neither the council nor the centre’s operators would comment further.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style