Pre-inquest hearing into St Albans man’s death after Westminster Lodge incident
- Credit: Archant
A pre-inquest hearing will be held tomorrow (Friday) into the death of a 39-year-old man from St Albans, following an incident at the pool at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
Daniel Mills, the son of local councillor Roma Mills, died at Hemel Hempstead Hospital on December 4, 2015.
Herts Coroner’s Court has given the provisional cause of death as drowning, with epileptic seizure noted as a possible underlying cause.
• A recent report for St Albans district council’s cabinet with regard to Daniel’s death says that following “an incident at Westminster Lodge discussions have been held with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regarding enforcement responsibility.
“The incident is currently subject to an inquest before the Coroner. It has been agreed that relevant enforcement responsibility for health and safety legislation regarding pool activities at Westminster Lodge will be transferred to the HSE. This took effect from 14 October 2016.”
You may also want to watch:
Neither the council nor the centre’s operators would comment further.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church