Pre-inquest hearing into St Albans man’s death after Westminster Lodge incident
- Credit: Archant
A pre-inquest hearing will be held tomorrow (Friday) into the death of a 39-year-old man from St Albans, following an incident at the pool at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
Daniel Mills, the son of local councillor Roma Mills, died at Hemel Hempstead Hospital on December 4, 2015.
Herts Coroner’s Court has given the provisional cause of death as drowning, with epileptic seizure noted as a possible underlying cause.
• A recent report for St Albans district council’s cabinet with regard to Daniel’s death says that following “an incident at Westminster Lodge discussions have been held with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regarding enforcement responsibility.
“The incident is currently subject to an inquest before the Coroner. It has been agreed that relevant enforcement responsibility for health and safety legislation regarding pool activities at Westminster Lodge will be transferred to the HSE. This took effect from 14 October 2016.”
Neither the council nor the centre’s operators would comment further.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star