Prank video of toddler driving a truck tricks St Albans web users
- Credit: Archant
A video of a toddler appearing to drive a 4x4 truck on his own has been confirmed as a prank by Herts Police.
The video, apparently shot in Chiswell Green, was shared widely by local Facebook groups.
However Herts Police have thrown cold water on the controversy, saying: “Officers conducted enquires and the child and his parents were identified and spoken to.
“It was established that the film was a prank and that an adult was actually driving the pick-up truck, but it had been filmed to give the illusion that a child was behind the wheel.”
The video was posted to Facebook by the channel Traveller Beef, and has been covered by national newspapers such as the Daily Mail.
You may also want to watch:
The channel has also posted several videos of bare-knuckle boxing, and videos of people holding machetes.
The police say no action is being taken against the driver who filmed the video.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site