Prank video of toddler driving a truck tricks St Albans web users
- Credit: Archant
A video of a toddler appearing to drive a 4x4 truck on his own has been confirmed as a prank by Herts Police.
The video, apparently shot in Chiswell Green, was shared widely by local Facebook groups.
However Herts Police have thrown cold water on the controversy, saying: “Officers conducted enquires and the child and his parents were identified and spoken to.
“It was established that the film was a prank and that an adult was actually driving the pick-up truck, but it had been filmed to give the illusion that a child was behind the wheel.”
The video was posted to Facebook by the channel Traveller Beef, and has been covered by national newspapers such as the Daily Mail.
The channel has also posted several videos of bare-knuckle boxing, and videos of people holding machetes.
The police say no action is being taken against the driver who filmed the video.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins