Power supply turned off in St Albans areas
- Credit: Archant
Residents in parts of St Albans woke up this morning without any electricity in their homes.
A problem was reported to UK Power Networks at about 4.30am today (June 20), which was found to be caused by a faulty piece of underground equipment.
At 9am the supplier turned off the electricity in 170 postcodes around AL1 4 and AL3 5 - Bernards Heath and Batchwood - to fix the problem.
A spokeman from UK Power Networks said: "Our engineers are working quickly and safely to complete the repair so that supplies can be restored as soon as possible.
"We appreciate how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience caused."
You may also want to watch:
The electricity supply is expected to return to normal by about 1.30pm.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire