Power supply turned off in St Albans areas
- Credit: Archant
Residents in parts of St Albans woke up this morning without any electricity in their homes.
A problem was reported to UK Power Networks at about 4.30am today (June 20), which was found to be caused by a faulty piece of underground equipment.
At 9am the supplier turned off the electricity in 170 postcodes around AL1 4 and AL3 5 - Bernards Heath and Batchwood - to fix the problem.
A spokeman from UK Power Networks said: "Our engineers are working quickly and safely to complete the repair so that supplies can be restored as soon as possible.
"We appreciate how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience caused."
You may also want to watch:
The electricity supply is expected to return to normal by about 1.30pm.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire