St Albans Poundworld site goes on the rental market
- Credit: Archant
How much for the Poundworld premises on St Peter’s Street?
The site of the former Poundworld in St Albans has gone on the market for £130,000 per annum.
This sum does not include rates, the service charge or VAT and covers the ground floor and basement.
Any retailer who sets up shop at the 5,080 sq ft premises will have to compete with Poundland right next door and Tesco, Superdrug and Card Factory up the street.
No figure is given on the advertisement for how much the rates might be, as they will be reassessed following the separation of the upper floor.
You may also want to watch:
According to the GOV.uk website, the rateable value would be £126k and that would be used to calculate the rates bill. It is not known if this takes the upper floor into consideration.
Poundworld closed after going into administration. This cost over a thousand jobs nationally and 16 in St Albans.
To see the listing, visit www.hrhretail.com/property/st-albans/
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style