St Albans Poundworld site goes on the rental market
- Credit: Archant
How much for the Poundworld premises on St Peter’s Street?
The site of the former Poundworld in St Albans has gone on the market for £130,000 per annum.
This sum does not include rates, the service charge or VAT and covers the ground floor and basement.
Any retailer who sets up shop at the 5,080 sq ft premises will have to compete with Poundland right next door and Tesco, Superdrug and Card Factory up the street.
No figure is given on the advertisement for how much the rates might be, as they will be reassessed following the separation of the upper floor.
You may also want to watch:
According to the GOV.uk website, the rateable value would be £126k and that would be used to calculate the rates bill. It is not known if this takes the upper floor into consideration.
Poundworld closed after going into administration. This cost over a thousand jobs nationally and 16 in St Albans.
To see the listing, visit www.hrhretail.com/property/st-albans/
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development